The mission of Georgetown College is to prepare students to engage in their life’s pursuits with thoughtfulness and skill by providing an exceptional educational experience in a vibrant Christian community. Distinguished by its emphasis on outstanding teaching and mentoring, the College offers excellent academic programs in the liberal arts, sciences, and professions.
In advancing its mission, the College:
- Offers excellent academic programs at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Maintains a strong commitment to core preparation and exploration in the liberal arts and sciences.
- Provides talented faculty and staff who are committed to student growth and learning.
- Preserves the close faculty-student bonds that have long distinguished its learning and mentoring context.
- Encourages a faith that seeks understanding through free and thoughtful inquiry.
- Honors its Baptist heritage through which it welcomes diverse perspectives and traditions.
- Offers students an enriching living and learning community.
- Supports a wide range of opportunities which promote engaging and meaningful experiences stretching from the classroom to around the globe.
- Pursues athletic excellence practiced with the highest integrity.
- Promotes ethical practices that develop character and enrich human and natural communities.
Fulfilling its distinctive mission with the liberal arts, sciences, and professions, Georgetown College’s aim is to continue to be one of the finest Christian colleges in the country.