Special Education with LBD
Master of Arts (MA)
Professor Melody Deprez
(36 hours required)
- ECE500: Educational Evaluation (3 credit hours)
- ECE501: Behavior Management for LBD Students (3 credit hours)
- ECE502: Introduction to LBD (3 credit hours)
- ECE503: Education Programming for LBD Students (3 credit hours)
- ECE504: Collaboration and Advocacy (3 credit hours)
- ECE508: Introduction to Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) (3 credit hours)
- ECE542: Using Technology to Remove Barriers for Students with Disabilities (3 credit hours)
- ECE565: Typical and Atypical Development (3 credit hours)
- ECE575A: Field Studies in LBD Component I Part A (3 credit hours)
- ECE575B: Field Studies in LBD Component I Part B (3 credit hours)
- EDU501: Teaching Reading and Writing (3 credit hours)
- EDU509: Teaching Math in the Elementary Grades (3 credit hours)
Field Component Courses
(3-6 hours required; select one track)
- ECE576: Final Clinical Practice-Field Component II in LBD Special Education (3 credit hours)
- ECE586: Final Clinical Practice (6 credit hours)
Candidates are required to have field experience with LBD students across the P-12 age/grade continuum
Initial candidates must complete 15 weeks of student teaching with LBD students.
Candidates must pass the LBD specialty Praxis.
Alternative Route (Option 6) Program: This program is designed for those currently teaching under temporary provisional certificates. This is for initial candidates only. Candidates will be required to take EDU623 for zero credit hours. This class is used to observe candidates who are not in a formal field placement class (ECE575A, ECE575B, ECE586).