Initial Certification: P-12/Middle
Master of Arts (MA)
Associate Professor Jane Arrington
(42 hours required)
- ECE502: Introduction to LBD (3 credit hours)
- EDU506: History and Philosophy of Education (3 credit hours)
- EDU529: Teaching in a Diverse Society: Deepening the Skills for Teacher Leaders (3 credit hours)
- EDU532: Effective Classroom Instruction for Middle and Secondary Students (3-6 credit hours)
- EDU535: Curriculum and Assessment for Teachers (6 credit hours)
- EDU536: Mentored/Student Teaching for MA Certification (6 credit hours)
- EDU542: Classroom Applications of Technology (3 credit hours)
- EDU565: Human Development, Behavior and Learning (3 credit hours)
- EDU602: Reading, Writing, and Thinking: Promoting Comprehension and Engagement through Effective Literacy Practices (3 credit hours)
- EDU626: Developing Teacher Leadership through Research / Implementation of Capstone Research Project (6 credit hours)
Candidates must successfully pass the PLT PRAXIS.
Candidates must complete 200 field placement hours prior to EDU536.
Candidates must complete 15 weeks of student teaching.
Option 6 candidates not currently enrolled in class but placed in a teaching position must take EDU623.